Downsizing Diva is honored to receive the coveted NASMM A+ Accreditation, the highest level of professional achievement awarded to a Senior Move Management company for best practices, client services and business management.
Downsizing Diva is the only Canadian company to attain the NASMM A+ designationand we are very proud of this achievement.
GO! The Essential Guide to Organizing & Moving."
Downsizing Diva wrote the book on moving and called it GO!
This unique handbook will help you cope with the overwhelming challenges of moving!
Let me begin by saying that the Diva are not huge fans of hosting garage sales!
But, at least one Diva LOVES Garage Sale-ing because of the treasures she finds, the wonderful stories she hears and the interesting people she meets who are out-and-about on Saturday mornings!
Over the years, we've learned lots and here are...
SEVEN GARAGE SALE LESSONS:
1. One person's trash IS definitely another person's treasure.
2. Everyone loves a bargain! Be prepared to negotiate and remindyourself constantly that only reason you are holding a garage sale is to let go of your stuff
3. Clean and organized stuff sells faster!
4. It is easier to identify surplus stuff when you're on a mission to fill boxes and bags in preparation for a garage sale (your own or somone else's).
5. Make it fun and family members may even want to get involved. A frenzy of excitement can result when you believe you can turn your unwanted items into...cash!
6. The best Garage Sales involve entire neighbourhoods! Check out one of our favorite sales, Golden Triangle Garage Sale, coordinated by our pal, Lynn Marie Robinson from Royal LePage.
7. You can have fun, get rid of stuff and, even make a bit of money!At the end of the day, pack all remaining items and deliver them immediately to your favourite charity. Your goal was to clear clutter...mission accomplished!
DOWNSIZING DIVA CHALLENGE:
Cleaning has become synonymous with spring...
This Spring, CLEAR your house, don't just clean it.
Let go of stuff you don't want, use or need - sell, donate, recycle, dispose...
Take time to LIGHTEN-UP and stop living to have and start living to become!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT...
One of the amazing speakers at our recent NASMM Conference was MINIMALIST, Joshua Becker who suggests asking this question...